Some creative writing from Selah
This was on her own time:
The Story of a Robin
I was just flying through the woods suspecting nothing when suddenly I was hit by something! I was terrified and I tried to fly away but the something had hit me on the wing. Then I tried to walk away, but I could not. I fainted. The next thing I knew, I was in prison. It seemed to be some sort of cage. I fainted again. When I woke up again, I managed to stay awake. Just then a human came to my cage and said, "You silly little bird, you're not even fit for supper." I was very scared and that night I could not sleep. In the morning I found out that the thing I had been hit by in the woods was a rock from a slingshot. I had been captured by a little boy who was about 8 or 9. Then I passed out (again). I woke up about two hours later. While I was still waking up I heard the words, "Set him free." I was overjoyed! Then I remembered my wing was still hurt but I was to be set free! That afternoon I was free! It was one of the happiest days of my life. Later I found out that while I was unconscious the dad of the kid that had captured me had had a talk with his son. It was about freeing me. I figured out that one of his questions was probably, "Would you like this happening to you?" So that was good. In the end it all worked out well. I was very happy, not just because I had got away but because I heard the dad saying, "If you ever hurt or capture another animal, I will whip you!" I am so glad to be free again!
-the robin
THE END
age 10
2/17/2015
The Story of a Robin
I was just flying through the woods suspecting nothing when suddenly I was hit by something! I was terrified and I tried to fly away but the something had hit me on the wing. Then I tried to walk away, but I could not. I fainted. The next thing I knew, I was in prison. It seemed to be some sort of cage. I fainted again. When I woke up again, I managed to stay awake. Just then a human came to my cage and said, "You silly little bird, you're not even fit for supper." I was very scared and that night I could not sleep. In the morning I found out that the thing I had been hit by in the woods was a rock from a slingshot. I had been captured by a little boy who was about 8 or 9. Then I passed out (again). I woke up about two hours later. While I was still waking up I heard the words, "Set him free." I was overjoyed! Then I remembered my wing was still hurt but I was to be set free! That afternoon I was free! It was one of the happiest days of my life. Later I found out that while I was unconscious the dad of the kid that had captured me had had a talk with his son. It was about freeing me. I figured out that one of his questions was probably, "Would you like this happening to you?" So that was good. In the end it all worked out well. I was very happy, not just because I had got away but because I heard the dad saying, "If you ever hurt or capture another animal, I will whip you!" I am so glad to be free again!
-the robin
THE END
age 10
2/17/2015

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home