Random Thoughts from the Brain of Mama
Been reading Dorothy Sayer's collection of Lord Peter Wimsey. Very amusing. Actually, I'm in the middle of about 20 books--no exaggeration there either! A little ambitious, though my children and husband are still being fed, clothed, and whatnot. Some of the books I've been reading involve quilts, which makes me want to follow in the footsteps of my mother and begin quilting. Add that to my long list of "wish-I-got-around-to's". Yup. Like photo albums (must develop our digital photos someday), sewing projects, deep cleaning, new recipes, organizing, writing of curriculum, planning for kindergarten this fall (this one I must get around to!), practicing guitar, and all the other things in life.
Tried out the sprinkler today which just led to the girls cowering in the corner trying NOT to get wet. As soon as the water was turned off, they began leaping over the sprinkler. Ha! So we filled up some dishpans with water and dumped it on them. Tears ensued. Refill of the pans, and let the fun begin! They love baths, and all stationary water. Waves, movement, etc, .... forget it!
I've been trying to get some more "classic" books for the girls. We read Blueberries for Sal, and the girls are presently wandering up and down the hall "looking" for berries and alternating between being Little Sal and Little Bear, and their respective mothers. They are so much fun! I love the imaginings they are coming up with lately! So, Grandparents, when are you coming to enjoy your granddaughters?????
Tried out the sprinkler today which just led to the girls cowering in the corner trying NOT to get wet. As soon as the water was turned off, they began leaping over the sprinkler. Ha! So we filled up some dishpans with water and dumped it on them. Tears ensued. Refill of the pans, and let the fun begin! They love baths, and all stationary water. Waves, movement, etc, .... forget it!
I've been trying to get some more "classic" books for the girls. We read Blueberries for Sal, and the girls are presently wandering up and down the hall "looking" for berries and alternating between being Little Sal and Little Bear, and their respective mothers. They are so much fun! I love the imaginings they are coming up with lately! So, Grandparents, when are you coming to enjoy your granddaughters?????

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home