Considering...
I've been talking with lots of friends lately about raising our children for the Lord. Its so easy to be lazy, instead of intentional in how we do things. And we're tired! But what matters for eternity? Most of what we spend our time and energy on will not last.
We want to raise our girls foremost to love God, to obey Him.
But also to be servants of others (joyfully!)
to be able to care for the home (thats a zillion things in itself!)
to love to learn
to be faithful
to work cheerfully
to be unselfish
to desire to share
to be generous-with time and money
to share Jesus with others
to be thoughtful
to be patient
so many things...
Pray for us and our kids!
We want to raise our girls foremost to love God, to obey Him.
But also to be servants of others (joyfully!)
to be able to care for the home (thats a zillion things in itself!)
to love to learn
to be faithful
to work cheerfully
to be unselfish
to desire to share
to be generous-with time and money
to share Jesus with others
to be thoughtful
to be patient
so many things...
Pray for us and our kids!

4 Comments:
Great thoughts Leah!! I feel like I'm still working on most of that list (not that Mama and Papa were lacking- but rather that with God's grace I can continue to grow and get better) myself.
I'm praying for you.
By
Seth, At
10:46 PM
you are such a wise momma! I think that list is a great list of what most Christian parents want for their kiddos...and you're right that we spend lots of time on things that maybe seem urgent but in the scheme of things don't really matter so much! i'll be praying for you and the fam!
By
Anonymous, At
9:51 AM
oops! forgot to say it was Jme!
By
Anonymous, At
9:52 AM
jjjjjj
By
Anonymous, At
11:49 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home